Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Where Are the Spring Cleaning Fairies?


Spring cleaning. Who needs it! Wouldn't it be nice if the Spring Cleaning Fairies would come while we are sleeping...we awake to a spit-shined, full of lovely aromas, home ready to welcome the new season? Yeah, I used to think the same thing about the Dish Fairy. A woman can only dream.

It's that time of year again. Mother Earth is coming back to life. The winds of March are blowing in some really pretty days now. Flowers are beginning to bloom, birds are making new nests, hibernation is over. As is true for us too...hibernation is over. Time to open up our homes and air out the dingy of Mr. Winter, and welcome the scents of Spring.

That means setting aside at least one full day to cleaning. I hate cleaning, as I'm sure do most average people (except my grandmother, who just lives to clean). Finding the motivation to get these tasks done is a tough one for me. I find that if I picture the end result in my mind it helps me to at least make a mental list of things to be done. The list seems endless...UGH!

Funny thing is, once I get started, I'm damn near unstoppable. I move about the house like a woman on a mission. And before I know it, Spring has sprung. I feel a sense of accomplishment, and am proud to have company admire my hard work. This year I promise myself not to put it off...I will get my Spring Cleaning done my very next free day. Yes, next free day it is! So looks like Saturday is the winner. Plus my six year old can lend a hand too. We might even have some fun, in spite of it all.

This Spring, don't go to bed waiting for Fairies to do the job...set aside a day and just do it! You'll be so happy that you did. You'd be amazed at how our surroundings affect how we face our days. If it's bright and sunny and clean, so is our attitude! Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on YOUR mind?