Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Daily Routine


I find myself locked into this routine. It works, but I'd like to shake things up a bit. Add some variety to my life. I'm tired of feeling like I'm on auto-pilot every day. So I sat down to think what I could do differently without upsetting the apple cart. After much editing in my head, I realized that all most everything I do, people are depending on me to get things done by a certain time each day. Routine is important, especially for the kids. It seemed hopeless.

Then I realized that there were gaps in my day that were open. If I can't change up what I do every day, I can add some things to the mix. Maybe some real me time. Hey...not a bad idea.

So hear I am now, pondering all the new things I'd like to add to my day. I don't want to overload myself. I want variety, relaxation, enjoyment, and yes, maybe even a bit of work could get done. I'm sure if I thought about it, there are some things I've put on the back burner just waiting for me to start. There is that novel I've been thinking of writing. Too much? Maybe at first I could do smaller projects. A novel is a pretty big task to take on all of a sudden. I should ease my way into changing my routine.

I've decided to start an herb garden, clean out my closets, give myself a facial (once a week), and organize all my old photos. Not bad. Implementing those projects will not only allow me some me time, but I will also accomplish some things along the way. I might give my hand at scrapbooks if the photo organizing goes well, who knows.

Incredible the thought process I had to go through to add a little panache to my days. It's going to be worth it. I will be happier, and the people around me will benefit from my more relaxed attitude.

1 comment:

  1. I'm all for the idea of "me" time - it's so easy to sacrifice doing things for yourself when you're always giving for others. I'm learning the hard way that it's o.k. to step back and say, "I need this for me."

    ReplyDelete

What's on YOUR mind?