Saturday, March 28, 2009

Overload


For three days I have been reflecting over my life and taking inventory. I have searched every cabinet and storage box in my brain. Wow, there was a lot of clutter in there. Once I started rummaging, I found some really old stuff, that I had forgotten about, packed away in the deepest, darkest corners. Scary stuff in there, stuff I thought I threw out years ago (Isn't that always the case when you clean out your closets, garage or drawers?), taking up space and collecting dust.

I spent quite a bit of time going through it all - too much time. I decided it was a waste. Why linger over things that didn't matter any more. Just get rid of it. So I consciously emptied out everything I found horded away, bagged it all up and dumped it into the 'No Longer Necessary' space of my brain. From there it would be forgotten forever.

I cried a little, I laughed a little, I got angry...there was a whole range of emotions packed in there. What a mess. And how time consuming it was, well never again. I vowed to myself not to let things build up; not to shove things into the darkness to collect dust. I vowed to deal with 'My Stuff' as it needs to be dealt with and do as is appropriate at the time. No wonder I was a confused mess, what with all the crap I had left un-handled and/or abandoned. I was amazed at how much lighter I felt; my spirit was lifted. What a great feeling it is to know I no longer have to drag around useless crap all day, every day with me. How could I have let it come to that- now that I know how good it feels to get rid if it all.

My motivation for the rest of the year: No more overload. Deal with things right away and take necessary action to resolve what needs to be resolved.

I even made room for a whole new 'Happy' space by ridding myself of all that cluttered junk.

It's not as hard as it sounds, taking inventory. You just have to make up your mind to make up your mind. What could be easier than that? Just kidding. I know it's hard as Hell, but well worth it to get to feel like I do now. Try it. It's a wonderful thing to wake up a little lighter in the head to start your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on YOUR mind?