Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weekend Sunshine


Even if it's raining cats and dogs, every weekend should have a little bit of sunshine. I took my own advice this weekend and I took the time to be thankful for all the wonderful things in my life. The week was a stressful one, it wasn't easy to look for a silver lining. My mindset was in a place that wasn't so bright or cheery. I was extremely negative...vibes flying everywhere.

My family followed suit with their own negative vibes (funny how that happens). That is when I realized I needed to bring sunshine into my own world. This weekend was going to be bright, all I had to do was change my attitude. Easy...NOT!

So last night I took a hot, oiled bath, exfoliated, moisturized, and every other 'ized' I could think of. I let go of all the tensions from the week. And I had a good talking with myself. "Do not sweat the small stuff, C.J.!", I said. Quite sternly, I might add. I was shocked with me. How could I talk to me like that? Because I needed it, that's why. I was creating a lot of negative energy around me and I was the only one who could change it.

This morning I put a smile on my face, even though I really wanted to scream at the World to go away. I had a cup of coffee, with my special hazelnut creamer. Before I knew it, my smile was no longer plastered on my face...it was genuine. The children ate breakfast like angels (really), and hubby was happy to chat about our plans for the next two days. Everyone seemed to feed off my new positive vibes.

The point is, some times we have to try hard but before you know it you won't even realize you were trying at all.

Some times you just have to give yourself a good talking to...you just might listen.

1 comment:

  1. I agree - some days putting that first smile on is the hardest thing in the world to do, but once you do? The rest of the day is cake after that!

    ReplyDelete

What's on YOUR mind?