Thursday, April 23, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog...


Everyone is blogging these days. Young and old alike are blogging their brains out. The funny thing is, some people don't even care if no one is reading it, they just want to blog for the sake of blogging. Others are hungry to share in some of the spotlight; they feel the need to air everything, for all the World to see.

Remember when you were a kid and were given your first diary? It was secret, hidden away for no other eyes to see. You would have died if any of the information collected in there were to 'get out'. I wonder what it is about sitting at a computer screen that makes us willing to bare all? Our World is full of public diaries. I think that says a lot about who we are as a people in 2009.

I personally, have a diary (journal, if you will) that has been very neglected since the start of my own blogging. Putting pen to paper is a dying form. It is a bit sad really, when you think about it. But here I am, more motivated than ever, typing away in my blog, as my diary sits not two feet away from me; probably wondering if I will ever open it's fine cover again.

I think it is wonderful we all have something to share with the World. But as I sit here now, I'm wondering if I might start keeping some things in my journal again; keeping some of my private thoughts private.

It's a break from my usual boring motivational spiel; just a random thought I've been mulling around my brain for a few days; and see, I just couldn't help but blog about it. LOL

It is okay, Journal...I still love you. I think I will save some time for you once in a while from now on; just so I can connect with the old-fashioned side of me again. I'm swept away with technology. I don't want to forget what brought me here. Good ol' pen and paper. Amen!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I tried to keep a written journal but I was to afraid others would find it and read it and I was mortified at the thought so I created a second blog that is completely private that I write my more intimate thoughts. In fact, its even hidden so no one can accidently "stumble" onto it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is great way to let out your thoughts!!! You can let them go after they are written down.

    Being critiqued is tough! I am still working on it. It is really tough when you are critiqued by a moron who you do not like in anyway. My boss is a real idiot!! I do not want to know what he thinks. I want him fired!!!

    Thank you for joining my cult! I hope you enjoy my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my diary has "suffered" a little since the advent of my blog but I try put down daily happenings and thoughts in my diary, and more constructive, helpful advice in my blog. I see it as journal - looking back and emptying brain, blog - looking forward and filling it with better thoughts.

    I wouldn't say this is totally black and white, but it's a rough guide!

    ReplyDelete

What's on YOUR mind?